Monday, June 18, 2012

Namhae

Related link: Eric's blog post about the same day

So we had a public holiday. Which turn out to be our vacation days, but anyway! Here is an excellent montage of photos courtesy of Charles. Charles in his magnificent way also organized the trip, with transportation, and all. The trip was to excellent Namhae for sea kayaking, cliff diving, snorkeling, rafting and more! Or so it was advertised...



We started the day off with sea kayaking. The day looked calm, but the sea was too choppy out of the bay to go into the caves and explore. It was still magnificent landscape and an amazing feeling to be out there on the sea. 















 The day went on like this for a bit. We met some awesome wonderful interesting people. I usually enjoy most of the people on Charles's trips... however ther eis always one or two crazies on the trip. This trip was no exception, but alas it makes for more interesting storeis, and greater knowledge of the world around me. 







Then it was time to go "snorkeling". So we outfitted ourselves with the appropriate gear to keep ourselves from getting cut on the rocks. We had gloves, and booties, and snorkels. We were led over large boulders in bikinis and snorkeling gear (was rock climbing in a bikini on my bucket list? Check that off...) to the area below.This was our snorkeling site. After getting into the water somehow (some jumped, I climbed down the rocks to the left of the picture) we realized the water was too choppy to see anything. Also I freaked out because murky water with seaweed attacking your legs is not my ideal environment, and oh yeah I'm afraid of water. 



I always asume that I am simply making it up when I tell people that I'm afraid of water, because let's be serious here. Who is afraid of water? How is that reasonable? Then I get in the water, and for no reason whatsoever, I'm freaking out and on the brink of hyperventilating. Unreasonable for sure, but so it goes. So I climbed down a rock face, scared away scads of sea cockroaches, got in the water,  got attacked by seaweed and then I swam out aways into the water. I was proud of myself, but it got to be a bit too much by that time. I decided to get out of the water. I try to do something I'm afraid of everyday, because other wise really life is too easy, but I really outdid myself that day. 



Eric and some of the others proceeded to go in search of rocks to go "cliff diving" off of, but there was no spot for it. Turns out that the cliff diving was "pick a rock and jump off of it". So they went. I hear they found some good places, but since no cameras followed them, you won't see it. I also hear that Eric will update on his blog eventually with his camera's pictures from the day. 


Also some of theses pictures are super huge because of how awesome they are. I want you to see the details, and if its available why not? Also what good is consistency? Its boring and once something is expected its taken for granted. 

hugs! Claire

1 comment:

  1. "Also what good is consistency? Its boring and once something is expected its taken for granted."

    Awesome line!

    ReplyDelete